Get to Know Sun City
Play on some of the best golf courses in Africa, slip down an exhilarating waterslide or have a fling with Lady Luck.
Some say it's kitsch and completely over the top, but if you're looking for a family holiday destination, you can't go wrong with Sun City. The resort is a flight of fantasy of business magnate Sol Kerzner, the same innovative developer responsible for Atlantis in the Bahamas and Atlantis: The Palm in Dubai. Kids love the water park, the Valley of Waves where they can slip and slide down rides such as the Temple of Courage, a steep 17-metre waterslide. Golfers from all over the country rave about the Gary Player-designed golf course, which is rated as one of the best in Africa. The neighbouring Lost City Golf Course is a bit more challenging, with rocky terrain and a 13th hole guarded by a bask of African Nile crocodiles.
Why Sun City?
- Accommodation caters for all budgets
- Wide selection of activities for the whole family
- Home to the best golf courses in Africa
- Kids especially love the water parks, petting zoos and sprawling gardens
- Less than two hours' drive from Johannesburg