Why Book with Discover Africa?
- We understand your need to travel. We also understand your apprehension to travel in these unorthodox times.
- That is why Discover Africa has teamed up with the best partners, insurance and service providers offering you refundable deposits and flexible rebooking terms.
- All our partners have been carefully selected to ensure that safety and hygiene protocols are top priority and strictly adhered to - Discover Africa pledge to offer you clean and safe hotels, lodges, activities and vehicles at all times.
Offering you postponement on your travel arrangements
Travel with Peace of Mind
- At the time of booking, the standard deposit policy will apply as per our standard terms and conditions.
- Should travel not be possible due to COVID-19, we will offer a postponement on your travel arrangements at no extra cost (if the new booking falls in a different season, seasonal surcharges may apply).
- Should postponement not be possible, we will offer you a full refund on the deposit amount paid (less an administration fee of 5% - which is charged by most properties), subject to our refund and cancellation policy.
- This policy is for new bookings made from 01 Jan 2021.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by Discover Africa at least 61 days before your intended travel date (cancellations received within 60 days of travel will be liable to the standard terms and conditions).
- Should the property we are booking with not offer these flexible terms, we will negotiate with them on your behalf and should they not agree, Discover Africa will inform you prior to deposit payment and will offer you alternative options for consideration.
- These terms will only apply for cancellation due to COVID-19, in that the government of your country of residence or intended destination restricts travel, having a direct impact on your travel plans.
- To protect our travel partners, cancellations due to fear of contracting COVID-19 or the prevalence of comorbidities will not constitute legitimate grounds for waiver of cancellation fees.
- All airlines have different policies and we are unable to guarantee any refunds or free changes on any flights/air tickets reserved on your behalf. However, most airlines do offer flexible options at a surcharge, please enquire with your Discover Africa safari expert for more information/advice on this as well as what the airline individual cancellation policy is.
- Should the qualifying criteria listed above not be present, Discover Africa’s standard cancellation terms and conditions will apply.
- Discover Africa is committed to working with partners who offer our valued guests flexible policies: in particular offering refunds of money paid should travel not be possible, and rebookings if trips need to be postponed due to COVID-19.
- Our help and support doesn’t end once you’ve booked and paid. We’ll be there for you every step of the way.
- Your Discover Africa travel expert will ensure you have all the information and inspiration you need ahead of time and will be on hand to answer any questions you have. And, just in case anything doesn’t go as planned while you’re travelling, we’re on call 24/7.
- Discover Africa acts as an agent and as such we are bound by the terms and conditions of our partners, however, we understand that the presence of the COVID-19 pandemic has brought about uncertainty. We will do all we can to assist you, should your travel plans change long in advance, or at the very last minute.
- We strive to offer you the most authentic African safari experiences on the continent
- Authentic experiences include wildlife encounters that are truly wild. Connecting you with nature and ultimately seeing Africa show off its best side. We can help you realize your dream of a truly authentic African safari and tailor-make an itinerary that suits your dream and comfort level.
Postponement offered at no extra cost:
Discover Africa will offer refunds under these conditions:
Authentic Safari Experiences
Cape Town, the Perfect Post-Covid Vacation Spot
A talking point in most conversations throughout 2020 has been Covid-19. Even more so for…03 Feb 2021
Africa is the perfect post-COVID holiday destination
Sure we were all upset about being locked indoors with all travel plans coming to a…18 Sep 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I get my money back?
- Yes, Discover Africa will offer you a full refund on your monies paid less a 5% administration fee, if you are unable to travel due to COVID-19 travel restrictions placed by your country of residence or the country you’re travelling to. What happens if I postpone my booking? Your Discover Africa safari expert will assist with postponements and rebookings. Their ultimate goal is to ensure you get to experience Africa when it’s possible and safe to do so. Your safari expert will guide you all the way. Postponement of all travel arrangements (excluding flights) will be possible for travel within 12 months of your original travel date at no extra cost subject to the new travel dates falling within the same season and subject to availability.
What happens if I postpone my booking?
- Your Discover Africa safari expert will assist with postponements and rebookings. Their ultimate goal is to ensure you get to experience Africa when it’s possible and safe to do so. Your safari expert will guide you all the way. Postponement of all travel arrangements (excluding flights) will be possible for travel within 12 months of your original travel date at no extra cost subject to the new travel dates falling within the same season and subject to availability.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Discover Africa’s COVID-19 cancellation policy differs from our standard cancellation policy. If you need to cancel due to government-imposed travel restrictions, Discover Africa will offer a full refund subject to the terms and conditions for cancellation being met.
What happens if I can't travel or borders are closed?
- If borders are closed, restricting you from travelling to your intended destination or departing from your home country, the COVID-19 cancellation policy will be in place and we will assist in postponing your trip or cancelling if postponement is not possible.
How long can I extend my booking?
- The standard policy is 12-months from the original date of travel, but this can be extended and differs from lodge to lodge. Please consult with your Discover Africa Safari expert as we will negotiate with suppliers on your behalf and assist wherever possible with longer extensions.
Do I need to take a test before travelling?
- Countries have different departure and arrival policies. Please check with your safari expert for advice on this at the time of booking.
Will group sizes change?
- Discover Africa works mostly with private safaris, but for any group tours, social distancing will be practiced and the group size will match the size of the vehicle according to strict covid and hygiene protocols.
Do I need to bring/wear a mask?
- Yes, please! Currently it is a regulation to wear masks in most countries and we recommend bringing your own. We’ll continue to monitor this requirement and will make changes to this policy as appropriate, and as local guidelines and country rules evolve.
Will you be providing hand sanitizer?
- Yes, all accommodation facilities, lodges, transport companies, activities that we offer provide hand sanitizer, but we do recommend that you also bring your own for extra protection.
How will physical distancing be maintained?
- All our partners adhere to strict safety protocols and guidelines according to WHO (World Health Organisation). Restaurants, dining area layouts and service style (e.g. buffet vs table service) have been reconfigured according to new regulations.
Will temperatures be taken of all travellers on arrival?
- Yes, temperature screening will take place on arrival at the airport and at any establishment you visit including hotels, restaurants, activities, etc.
Will Discover Africa warn me about border closures?
- Yes, the Discover Africa team monitors travel and border restrictions closely for all of the countries we promote across Southern and East Africa. We recommend checking your home countries border restrictions as this is ever changing.
What happens if I display symptoms on arrival?
- If you’re not feeling well or are displaying symptoms upon arrival, you’ll be required to visit a doctor to get clearance to continue with your travels. Your Discover Africa agent will support you and will provide help finding a clinic and throughout the process.
Do I have to quarantine before I go on safari?
- This is not a requirement unless you have shown any COVID related symptoms or have an elevated temperature reading.
Do I need travel insurance?
- Yes, we always recommend taking out comprehensive travel insurance, we strongly recommend that you understand exactly what your policy will cover you for and what is not covered.
What are Discover Africa's standard terms?
- Discover Africa’s terms of travel can be viewed here: standard terms and conditions